Custom Search

Monday, August 18, 2008

Lesson Plan: Papa Don't Preach by Madonna

1. Listen to the song and put a cross (x) by the lines that aren´t in it.
2. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words

Papa I know you're going to _______ upset
And probably very angry too
Cos I was ______________ your little ___________ (but)
You should know by _____I'm not a baby
Even though I look like one
You always taught me ___________ from ________________
I need your help dad, please be ___________
As an oxMaybe we're ________________ at heart
But I know what I'm saying
The one you warned be all ____________
The one you really didn't like
The one you ____________ I could do without
We're in an awful mess
And I don't mean ___________
Please...Papa don't preach, I'm in _____________ deep
Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
And I've got huge bags under my eyes
But I've made up my ____________, I'm keeping my _________________
I'm gonna keep my baby
He says that he's going to ___________________ me
And I believe him
We can raise a little ________________
Maybe we'll be alright
If you help us with some cash
It's a ______________________
But my _______________ keep telling me to give it up
Saying I'm too young, I ought to live it up
Like going clubbing till the early hours
What I _____________ right now
Is some good advice
Please... papa don't preach...
Daddy daddy if you could only _____________
Just how good he's __________________ _____________________ me
You'd give us your blessing right now
Cos we are in ______________________,
We are in love...


Papa I know youre going to be upset
cause I was always your little girl
But you should know by now
Im not a baby
You always taught me right from wrong
I need your help, daddy please be strong
I may be young at heart
But I know what Im saying
The one you warned me all about
The one you said I could do without
Were in an awful mess, and I dont mean maybe - please
Chorus:
Papa dont preach, Im in trouble deep
Papa dont preach, Ive been losing sleep
But I made up my mind, Im keeping my baby, oh
Im gonna keep my baby, mmm...
He says that hes going to marry me
We can raise a little family
Maybe well be all right
Its a sacrifice
But my friends keep telling me to give it up
Saying Im too young, I ought to live it up
What I need right now is some good advice, please(chorus)
Daddy, daddy if you could only see
Just how good hes been treating me
Youd give us your blessing right nowcause we are in love, we are in love, so please(chorus)
Papa dont preach, Im in trouble deep
Papa dont preach, Ive been losing sleep(repeat)
Oh, Im gonna keep my baby, ooh
Dont you stop loving me daddy
I know, Im keeping my baby

Worksheet sent in by Miriam Garcìa teaching in Spain.

http://www.esl-lounge.com/songs/songpapadontpreach.shtml

4 comments:

Learn English Language said...

After read this blog i stay impressive with the whole information because is absolutely interesting and wonderful .I like the new ideas raised in this blog. I must to say that I liked a lot the design and the way it was written. Simply wonderful.

Quotes said...

I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing
I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!

clases particulares said...

Very interesting.

recuperacion de datos said...

fantastic post.

Rukyto's Directory
Powered By Blogger